Lemon Tart (Gluten free + Lactose free)

Sunday 2 August 2015



Surprisingly summer has come to Denmark for one or two days this week. Finally the rain was gone, the wind turned warm and the sun was shining for more than 5 minutes. While living in Poland, I remember being so tired of warm and sun during summer time. Now when I am here in Denmark I really cherish the moments when the temperature rises and the sun is shining. After all they do not happen very often. I should really get used to this already! Anyway. There is no summer mood without a summer cake, so the moment I realised how warm and sunny it was, I was on my way to the kitchen with a new recipe in mind. Thanks to Lisia Kawiarenka I had the recipe for a lovely lemon tart. It turned out extremely good! It is officially the best cake I have ever made. I made some adjustments to have the cake not only gluten but also lactose free and I am very happy with the result.
By the way, I found these amazing weights at my grandmother's basement and I just fell in love with them. When I am visiting again, I definitely need to dig deeper in all the old and vintage things that are hidden in my grandparent's basement..




Ingredients:

Pastry (for a 24 cm baking form)
60 g of corn flour
40 g of potato starch (any starch would work)
30 g of buckwheat flour
30 g of amaranth flour
¾ teaspoon of guar gum
a pinch of salt
115 g of lactose free butter
3-5 tablespoons of cold water

Filling
¾ cup of sugar
lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
¼ cup of potato starch (any starch would work)
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 ¼ cup of lactose free yogurt
½ cup of lactose free cream 36%
¼ cup of fresh lemon juice (from 1 big lemon)
a pinch of salt






Preparation:


1. Mix all ingredients for the pastry in a bowl and knead until nice and smooth. Once it is ready, put it in the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
2. Take out the pastry and put it on the baking form. Everytime I do the cake, the pastry is rather sticky so I don't even try to roll it out into the form. I simply take small pieces of the pastry and consequently cover the whole form with it, by hand.
3. Puncture the pastry with a fork and put in the freezer for around 30 mins. Putting it in the fridge won't hurt either, if you have no space in the freezer (which is almost always in my case!)
4. Set the oven to 200 degrees, cover the pastry with baking paper and put for example lentils or beans to have some weight over the cake, and bake for 20-25 mins. Then remove the baking paper with lentils/beans and bake for another 5 mins.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a moment, while you prepare the filling. Also, decrease the oven temperature to 165 degrees.

6. Mix sugar with lemon zest and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Add flour and salt.
7. Slowly add one egg (and additional egg yolks) after another mixing gently (low speed on the mixer) until it gets smooth.
8. Still mixing, add yogurt, cream and lemon juice and mix together to get a nice smooth mixture. It will be very liquid, but that's just how it should be, so no worries!

9. Pour the filling in the form with the pastry and put in the oven for 40-50 mins. If kept longer, the filling starts to crack a little, but it's still delicious so it's not a big issue.
10. Let the tart cool for a while before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs