Breakfast in bed: Gluten Free toasts with avocado and tomatoes

Sunday 30 August 2015



For me, Sundays should be the lazy days, when we spend hours covered in blanket and reading books or watching our favourite movies, surrounded by food. Maybe not for the whole day... but I don't mind that at all! If only that was possible more often than it truly is. With all the duties, things to do and take care of, we don't really get a chance to stop for a moment and relax, doing simply nothing. So when we do get that chance, I always make sure it's used to the fullest. And my recipe for such time is always filled with good, simple food, litres of tea and no hurry. Last Sunday was like this for me, I could relax a little bit and slow down. After waking up, still wearing my pyjamas I heated up the owen, took out some bread I baked the day before and gathered other things I could find in my kitchen. And so we ended up with tomato and avocado toasts for breakfast. Great begining of a day!





Ingredients: 

7-8 slices of gluten free bread
1 big avocado
10 cherry tomatoes
a handful of olives (I used the ones stuffed with pepper)
3 tablespoons of grated mature cheddar (lactose free)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of oregano

Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. And line the baking form with baking paper.
2. Take the bread slices and brush some olive oil on top of each slice, then sprinkle oregano on each piece.
3. Wash the avocado, remove its skin and stone, and slice into thin pieces. Spread the pieces around all bread slices.
4. Slice the olives in half and spread around the bread as well.
5. Finally distribute the cheese on top of each sandwich.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then put on the freshly slices cherry tomatoes on each toast and sprinkle with some salt.
Enjoy while still warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs