Pasta with Turkey and Spinach (Gluten free)

Friday 3 July 2015






It was one of those days, when I was absolutely exhausted, hungry and cold (yes, cold! Summer in Denmark is a rather abstract expression). The inside of my fridge was staring at me with the ironic look of a small piece of turkey ham, eggs and some milk. Obvious sign that I really need to go out and buy some groceries. And I cannot use the fact that it is raining as an excuse anymore. It has been raining for the last week. Non stop. 
After taking out the turkey ham and eggs out of the fridge I attacked the freezer and found some spinach. Lucklily I tend to buy a lot of frozen vegetables and fruit, almost as if I was preparing to survive a month without leaving my apartment. It happens to be very useful. 
Equipped with some of the basic ingredients I started to heat up the frying pan, look through various spices and to finally prepare some dinner. After no more than 30 minutes I was already finished and I my dinner turned out really tasty.




Ingredients
500-700 g of frozen spinach leaves
3-4 shallots
a small pack of turkey ham 
(I used a ready one from the store, but I think chicken would also be fine here)
gluten free pasta
eggs (1-2 for each portion)
dried garlic
salt
pepper
dried parsley
coconut oil for frying




Preparation

1.Boil some water for the pasta, and cook it following the instructions from the package. I used gluten free pasta.
2. In the meantime, warm up the frying pan and put some coconut oil on it.
3. Fry the cut shallots until they turn golden, then add the spinach and fry it together for a longer while. Add the spices (dried garlic, salt, pepper, tiny bit of chili pepper). Mix together and fry, then put aside for a moment.
4. Cut the turkey ham into small pieces and fry it well. I didn't use any oil to do so, but it required some more mixing while the ham was frying, to avoid burning it. Once it is fried, put aside.
5. Finally put some oil on the frying pan and break the eggs on it. Add some salt and pepper and fry for a moment.
6. On the plate, put some pasta, shallots with spinach, the turkey ham pieces and finally cover it with the fried egg. I spreaded some dried parsley all over the dish to get even a better smell and taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs